The Outstanding Advantages of No Code Web Testing Tools
Sep 19, 2022
Web Testing, briefly
Web Testing then, is the process by which we perform tests to a web app or web page, be them functional, non-functional, manual or automated, before being released onto a production stage. Because web apps run on web browsers –each having their own characteristics, special consideration must be taken with respect to certain things, like security, performance and usability, always having in mind the functional aspects of a web app like page elements, rendering, cookies, etc., and the non-functional aspects like database, performance, load, stress, compliance, among other.
To perform these tasks, testers usually make use of certain tools called web testing tools.
What is a Web Testing Tool?
A web testing tool is a –web or desktop– software application which has the purpose and the capacity to perform testing on one or more levels of a web app, whether functional or non-functional.
There are tools for specific purposes concerning web app testing, being important to emphasize the existence of both manual and automated tools.
Manual tools are generally oriented towards test management/planning and manual test case design/execution. Some tools lie in the blurred line between manual and automated, like Jmeter or LoadRunner, which are used for performance –usually load– testing.
In the present, automated tools are the most used for web app testing. They offer a way to test almost all components of a web system, be it a browser –desktop– or mobile app, as well as web APIs, in a fast and efficient manner. Because of this, automated tools are ideal candidates for regression and E2E tests.
What a useful Web Testing Tool should do
Because testing is much more than designing, executing, passing or failing test cases, a valuable tool should be supposed to yield us a certain amount of benefits.
Today’s SoA and tech requirements on web development require tools that can cope with this ever evolving world’s demands.
At Autify we believe these should be the characteristics of a top-notch web app testing tool:
- A SaaS delivery model.
- A no code platform –no coding required.
- A scenario recording GUI with playback options.
- Test script maintenance via AI, which learns UI changes, adapt to them and alert the QA team.
- Cross-browser compatibility, including mobile devices.
- Integration with Slack, Jenkins, TestRail, etc., to run tests on the CI/CD pipeline.
- Built-in reporting –no third party tools.
- An exceptional tech customer support. are just some of the values Autify has to offer.
Autify eliminates maintenance hassles by using AI to learn changes and adapt to them, so no more juggling with script maintenance with a no-code solution.
When it comes to customer support, you don’t end up in a maze of help pages and visual media, but talking to real humans who understand human needs.
We invite you to check this customer story: The Secrets of Automating 88% of All Cross-Browser Tests, How Autify Became a Critical Part of the QA Process.
You can see other client’s success stories here: https://autify.com/why-autify
- Autify is positioned to become the leader in Automation Testing Tools.
- We got 10M in Series A in Oct 2021, and are growing super fast.
As we said, although there are lots of choices in the market, not all of them are transparent in their pricing, that’s why we suggest you check a few lists online.
At Autify we have different pricing options available in our plans: https://autify.com/pricing
- Small (Free Trial). Offers 400~ test runs per month, 30 days of monthly test runs on 1 workspace.
- Advance. Offers 1000~ test runs per month, 90~ days of monthly test runs on 1~ workspace.
- Enterprise. Offers Custom test runs per month, custom days of monthly test runs and 2~ workspaces.
All plans invariably offer unlimited testing of apps and number of users.